Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Do You

Have you been told not to be a certain way or that you shouldn't feel something? 
That you can't be sad, you shouldn't be angry, you must not cry, you have to be more friendly... 

Be less sensitive, but be more considerate. 

Be stronger, but not too strong. 

Be kind, but not to all. 

We are told so many things sometimes all these sayings get too loud it's deafening, silencing our own thoughts, shutting down emotions and feelings. 

And then they tell you you're heartless, selfish, broken. 
That it was wrong, a mistake, a failure.


But over time as you grow to know yourself better, listen to your thoughts and trust your guts, you will learn that your weakness is not really a weakness if you own it and make it your strength. 

I used to be told I'm too sensitive but now I think you need sensitivity to be sensible. 

I used to be told I'm emotional but now I appreciate emotions. They make me feel, live, embrace. They make me present, aware, alive. 

In the end all that you've been told is just a matter of opinion from others.

And the opinion of others is just their perspective based on their own observation and personal experience.

Their opinion does not define you.

You define yourself.
You know yourself better.

You do you.
And the world will follow.


May it please Allah.


No comments: