Pages

Friday, November 25, 2016

Adamtivity

If you have met my son Adam you would know that he can't sit still for more than ten minutes. That ten minutes could be his milk break, cartoon shows that he really likes, him working on a mischievous secret project behind our sofa or when he's very very very exhausted.


It's so hard to keep up with him! Now that he has turned three with ever growing vocabulary.... My God! The questions never end and the talking don't stop until he falls asleep. My husband and I will usually end up laughing listening to his stories. So entertaining and amusing but also headache inducing when they surpass midnight LOL.


I watch what he eats, make efforts to hide veges in his meals and avoid sugar although not necessiraly successful all the time because he has other 'sources'. More on that later...

Anyhow, so in my conscious effort to engage him in fun eduplay sessions which also work as a great bonding time for us, I prepared a Fun Learning Folder for our Adam with referral to homeschooling blogs and YouTube like Shelfwork, with great tips from Heidi.


I put together the folder myself according to what I think suits his level and interest. I'm not pressuring him (contrary to what my mom thinks I'm doing 😜) and I'm definitely not expecting him to memorize ABC 123 in a snap.


I just don't want him to be slacking too much watching TV and play nonsense without guidance. And I think it's too early to send him to kindergarten full time. So I'm working on the basics as we play together and see how he progresses. I add on the pages as we move on to new topics. So far we've been using these materials for three months since August. It's quite versatile and can be used in a few ways. I hope to share the activities we did in detail soon. One day. *moms should know better not to make promises*


The most important thing is to make the learning session fun because children learns best through play and when they are happy!



May it please Allah.


Lots of love,
M

No comments: